Pack your bags and get ready for a tropical adventure in the Philippines! With over 7,000 islands to explore, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed with all the options. But no worries, we’ve got your back with the ultimate cheat sheet for your travels!
1. When to Go: November to April is the best time to visit for mild weather. But hey, if you’re a fan of rain showers and cheaper prices, the off-season is also an option.
2. What to Pack: Leave the heavy coats at home and opt for light, breathable clothes. Don’t forget your swimsuit and sunscreen! And trust us, you’ll thank us later for bringing insect repellent.
3. Transportation: Hold on tight because getting around the Philippines can be a wild ride! Domestic flights or ferries are your best bet for island hopping.
4. Currency: Bring some cash because not all places accept credit cards. The Philippine peso is your go-to currency.
5. Language: English is widely spoken, but don’t be afraid to learn some Filipino phrases to impress the locals!
6. Food: Prepare your taste buds for a flavorful journey with influences from China, Mexico, India, and Japan. Don’t miss out on trying the mouth-watering dishes like adobo, sinigang, and lechon (roasted pig). And trust us, the street food is worth the risk if it’s cooked fresh and hot!
7. Culture: The Philippines has a unique blend of cultures, so be sure to show respect for the customs and traditions. Oh, and don’t forget to take off your shoes before entering a home or place of worship.
8. Safety: Stay aware of your surroundings, keep your belongings close, and register with your embassy before you go.
9. Places to Visit: Get ready to have your mind blown with breathtaking sights! From Palawan’s limestone cliffs to Bohol’s tarsier sanctuary and Manila’s rich history, there’s something for everyone. Don’t miss Cebu’s canyoneering or whale shark encounter, and Siargao’s laid-back vibe. Some highlights include:
Palawan: Home to stunning beaches, clear waters, and limestone cliffs.
Boracay: A popular tourist destination with powdery white sand beaches.
Siargao: A surfer’s paradise with great waves and a laid-back vibe.
Cebu: Known for its beautiful beaches, waterfalls canyoneering, whale shark encounter, sardines run, diving spots, and historical landmarks.
Bohol: An island province with beautiful beaches, natural wonders, and unique wildlife.
Manila: The capital city of the Philippines, with a rich history and culture.
Remember to be polite and courteous during your travels, and ask the locals for guidance if you need it. With this ultimate cheat sheet, you’ll be ready to experience the beauty, culture, and adventure of the Philippines like a pro!